Pork Stew


Sorry for the awkward photos lately as they are taken using my phone. Anyway, let's get on to today's show. This is a pork stew very similar to menudo. I was craving for some meat last Saturday and thought I'd cook the lonely tray of pork in the freezer.

You need:

pork
carrots
potatoes
red capsicums
garlic
onions
bay leaf
peppercorns
chili flakes
tomato sauce
fish sauce
2 pork cubes
water
oil
celery


Let's do this!


First, I boiled the pork pieces in water for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.  In a pot, I sauteed some chopped garlic and onions then added the chopped celery and red capsicums. Then I added the vegetables. I cooked them for about 2 minutes then added the pork to brown them. Add the bay leaf. I added the 2 pork cubes, peppercorns, chili flakes and some water. The amount of water will depend on how much sauce you want. I let the water boil then lowered the heat to a simmer. I let this mixture simmer for 5 minutes. Then I added fish sauce and tomato sauce and let it simmer again for 15 minutes. Taste before serving to see if you need to add salt. Serve with rice.  

Comments