Oven Barbecued Chicken


I love barbecues but I hate cooking on the grill. We have an indoor grill but I rarely use it. We stayed home yesterday because I wasn't feeling well after my dentist appointment. I didn't want to put much effort into making a meal so I decided to pop these chicken wings and drumsticks into the oven. 

You need:

chicken wings
chicken drumsticks
bottle of barbecue sauce 
garlic powder
calamansi juice
salt and pepper
corn syrup
olive oil

Let's do this!

Brush some olive oil on an oven sheet. Place the chicken pieces and pop in the oven for 25 minutes. My oven is broken so this was a trial and error for me. I cooked it at 220C. 

Meanwhile, let's make the sauce. Pour the sauce in a small sauce pan. Add some garlic powder, calamansi juice, salt, pepper and corn syrup. Heat until bubbly. Taste and adjust seasonings. You can also put other spices that you like. 

When the chickens are done, brush the top part with sauce, turn them over and brush again. Cook for 10 minutes on the same setting. 

After the 10-minute mark, get the chickens out, brush sauce on top, flip and brush again. Pop in the oven for another 10 minutes. This time I cranked up the heat to 250C but that's just because the chickens aren't cooking well. Again, broken oven. 

Do this two more times until you see char marks on the chicken (like in the photo). Let the chickens rest for about 5 minutes and then serve. I will definitely make these again. 



Comments