Squid Chopsuey



Chopsuey is very popular in the Philippines. It has in roots in Chinese-American culture but since we are immersed in Chinese culture, we have come to love Chinese food as well. I don't usually cook chopsuey because it was only recently that I was able to perfect it. However, I found myself wondering what to do with a bunch of leftover vegetables from another dish so I went with chopsuey. I also had a bag of squid that needed to be used to I added that in.

By the way, if you've noticed, I don't put the exact measurement of ingredients. That's because I don't measure when I cook. I believe cooking is not an exact science as opposed to baking. Feel free to add/subtract ingredients as you please. I always cook for three though, if that helps.

You need:

garlic
onions
cabbage
cauliflower
cabbage
carrots
red capsicum
squid

oyster sauce
soy sauce
water
sugar
salt and pepper

Let's do this!


In a wok, (yeah, I love my new Neoflam wok) saute some garlic and onions in a little oil. Add the red capsicums. Cook for a minute and then add the carrots and cauliflower. Wait for the veggies to cook. Add the squid and the cabbage. Saute for 1 minute and then add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, water and sugar. Taste. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. I served this with a bunch of other stuff which I'll show you tomorrow. 


Comments