Krispy Kangkong - A New Family Favorite and a Twist on A Classic



I bought a bunch of kangkong without knowing what to do with it. When it came time for me to cook the bitter gourd, I knew exactly what to do with it. 

This is a very easy and quick dish that you can whip up for a snack or side dish. 

You need:

kangkong, stalks discarded. Just use the leaves
equal parts cornstarch and flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper
ice cold water

Let's do this!

Make the batter by combining the ingredients. 

Pat the leaves dry. Dredge the leaves in the batter and fry in hot oil. Serve with a garlic-mayo dip. 

For the garlic mayo dip, finely chop one clove of garlic and mix with mayo. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of Spanish paprika. 

I served this with some ampalaya or bitter gourd sauteed with pink salmon.


To make this, I just sauteed some chopped garlic, onions and tomatoes in oil. Add the canned pink salmon and cook for 1 minute. Add the prepared bitter gourd. Saute for a minute. Add some water. Season with salt, pepper and fish sauce. I also added a pinch of Magic Sarap. I then added 2 beaten eggs and let everything cook. 








Comments