Chicken and Squid Ball Noodles


My son and I love noodles. For lunch, we usually eat noodles, pancit, pasta or dishes that don't require rice. My son and I are not big rice lovers. 

This is a super simple dish you can make that I'm sure your picky kids will love. I sneaked in some grated carrots for nutrition and color. 

You need:

chicken stock or in my case, 2 chicken cubes
egg noodles (I used Japanese fresh yakisoba noodles)
squid balls, cut into quarters
peeled, hard boiled quail eggs
white onion, sliced thinly
leeks
shredded cooked chicken breast
grated carrots
salt and pepper

Let's do this!

Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. I put the noodles last because I don't want them to end up mushy. Let the mixture simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. 



Comments