My First Attempt at Seafood Pancake




This dish is really so good especially if you are a seafood lover like me. However, there are a few things I would change the next time I cook this. 

One, I would make several smaller pancakes instead of just one big pancake. It was too heavy that It cannot hold its shape. Two, if I want to make one huge pancake, I will use a bigger pan. Three, I will incorporate the egg in the batter. Four, I will make thinner pancakes so that they will turn out crispier. 

So, if you're ready, let's start!

You need:

1/2c flour
1/3c water
salt and pepper
green onions or leeks
zucchini, cut into matchsticks
some chopped squid and shrimps
egg
oil for frying

Let's do this!

Make the batter by mixing flour, egg, salt and pepper and water in a bowl. Add the green onions or leeks, zucchini and seafood. Mix well. 

In a heated pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, spread some pancake batter. (Read my notes above if you skipped them). Press the pancake down with your spatula. When the bottom is cooked, turn it over. and cook the other side. 

I served this with some dipping sauce


For the dipping sauce, I just mixed together a fourth of a cup of soy sauce, half a tablespoon of rice vinegar, some green onions, one small clove of garlic pressed, half a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of sesame oil. Mix well and serve. 

For dessert, we ate some fragrant pears.





Comments