Sweet Beef and Baby Corn


I'm sorry, I totally forgot to take a photo of the beef. It was too late when I remembered it but that's it at the top of the plate.

I used sukiyaki cut beef so that my son won't have a hard time chewing. He really loved this dish and ate a lot! I was afraid we would run out that his dad won't be able to bring some for lunch the following day. I'd say this is a kid-friendly dish.

You need:

For the marinade:

minced garlic
red cane vinegar
salt and pepper
sugar
barbecue marinade

sukiyaki cut beef
butter
baby corn
salt and pepper
sesame seeds (optional)
oil for frying

Let's do this!

Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the beef. Meanwhile, let's prepare the baby corn. I used the canned variety but you can also use fresh.

In a pan, heat some butter. Add the corn and season with salt and pepper. Wait for it to cook and set aside. 

In the same pan, heat some oil. Fry the beef until it caramelizes on both sides. Add the marinade and simmer for two minutes. Top with sesame seeds if using and serve with rice.  




Comments