Easy Chicken Sate


So, yesterday, I told you about my husband's potluck party at work. The first dish that he brought were the Sweet and Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Fingers. The other dish he brought was Chicken Sate. The photo above was the test run. 

I originally wanted to use our indoor grill but unfortunately, the 'non-stick' coating was already peeling off so I ended up using a grill pan. It was okay as it did the job. 

You need:

half a kilo chicken breast fillet

yakitori sticks soaked in water overnight

brown sugar
Magic Sarap
coconut milk
curry powder

For the peanut sauce:

brown sugar
peanut butter (creamy, not the chunky kind)
sinigang mix
coconut milk
Magic Sarap

Let's do this!

Pound the chicken until a bit flat. I did this so that the pieces will cook evenly and faster. 

Combine half a cup of coconut milk, about a teaspoon of curry powder, 1/4 cup brown sugar and a packet of Magic Sarap. Marinade the chicken in this mixture overnight. 

Combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce. I used half a cup of coconut milk, a teaspooon of sinigang mix, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar and a bit of Magic Sarap. Actually, this was a trial and error for me as I wanted to have that perfect balance of sour, sweet and nutty. Start with small measurements and go from there. 

Grill the chicken and serve with the sauce.

When we had this, I seriously had a hankering for Tom Yum soup. It will just go perfectly with this sate. My husband perked up as that's his favorite. He asked if I knew how to make it. That will be my next challenge. 






For the batch of sate that my husband brought to work, I popped them in the oven for 5 minutes at 190C after grilling to ensure that they are completely done. 

This was the batch my husband brought to work. I cooked 1 kilo. 



Comments