Fish Fry and Homemade Cole Slaw

My husband was finally able to transfer my files from the old laptop to this laptop that I'm using. I found this photo of a fish fry I made a few weeks ago.


This was a real hit especially the homemade coleslaw. Without further ado, let's get on with the cooking!

For the Fish Fry

fish fillet - I think I used tilapia for this recipe but use a firmer fish
2 cups corn meal
2 cups flour
2 beaten eggs
2T mustard
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
Spanish paprika
You can also use hot sauce but I skipped it so that my son can eat this

Let's do this!

Rinse the fish and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat some oil in a large pan. Mix the beaten eggs and mustard and hot sauce (if using) in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the corn meal, flour, garlic powder, onion powder and Spanish paprika. Dip the fish in the egg mixture then dredge in the corn meal mixture. Fry until golden brown. 

For the homemade cole slaw

Shredded cabbage
shredded carrots
thinly sliced onions
mayonnaise
sugar
white vinegar
1T mustard
salt and pepper

Mix the cabbage, carrots and onions in a big bowl. In another bowl, mix the mayo, sugar, white vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together. Add to the vegetables and mix well. Chill before serving. 



Comments