Homemade Beef Tapa and a Breakfast Spread


Happy New Year, everyone! Another year is coming to a close and I feel very positive about this new one. I've had a lot of major changes in my life just before the year-end and I can truly say that they were blessings in disguise. For this coming year, I will leave all negativity behind and focus more on the positive things such as things, people and friends that make me happy. I also hope to find more time to focus on my blogs. 

I've always been wary of trying to make beef tapa at home. I'm scared that it will not taste good or that it will be too tough. However, our housemate in Singapore, V, prepared some homemade tapa one day and I thought that I really should try making it once I got back to Manila. So I did and here's the result.

To be sure that it won't end up tough, I chose a thin slice of beef. As for the sides, I have some grilled zucchini, watermelons and eggs. Oh, and don't forget the sinangag or fried rice. 

You need:


Beef (if you're chicken like me, choose a thin cut that you know won't toughen up. If you're bolder, make like V and tenderize the meat using a knife)
soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
garlic powder
sugar
salt
black pepper

Mix all ingredients and marinate the beef overnight. 

Heat some oil in a pan and fry the beef. 

For the grilled zucchini, I just sprinkled them with olive oil, salt and pepper. I didn't have some lemon, calamansi or balsamic vinegar on hand but they would be perfect with any of these souring agents. Then just pop them on the grill. 


Comments