Easy Salisbury Steaks


Salisbury steaks are a favorite in our home but I always find it a challenge to cook them. Well, actually, I just don't like the prep part. So, what I do is I try to find ways to make prepping a little easier. It also doesn't hurt to find recipes that are easy to cook. If you like burger steaks but hate cooking them, here's one easy recipe for you. 

I also served them with this warm French beans and baby potato salad. My suki in our local market has a lot of grocery-level veggies on offer and I was really impressed. So, my husband and I decided to do all our fruit and vegetable shopping in the market. 


You need:

ground beef (you can also use ground chicken for a healthier version. My SIL has become a vegetarian and after taking care of her for several days, I've been consciously looking/thinking of substitute ingredients for my dishes just in case she pops in this blog (which she occasionally does) and wants to cook something from it.)
diced onions
minced parsley
panko
salt and pepper
milk
Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
water

Let's do this!

Put the ground beef or chicken in a bowl. Add the onions, parsley, panko, milk (about 1/4c), salt and pepper. Mix well and form into patties. 

Get a pan and heat some oil. You can also use a cooking spray. Brown both sides of the patties. 

When everything is browned, add the cream of mushroom and a fourth of a cup of water. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes, checking frequently. Just before turning the heat off, add some more milk. 

For the salad, I just prepped the beans and baby potatoes. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and put some olive oil so that they won't stick to the pan. Pop in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the French beans, season with oregano, salt and pepper and mix well with the potatoes. Back in the oven again for 5 minutes or so or until the potatoes are tender. I cooked these on the lowest setting of my oven which is 100C because my oven is crazy hot. It's an old, hand-me-down oven from my grandma so I'm not complaining. 

Comments