My 'Christmas Leftover' Dinner


Our usual Christmas leftovers consist of ham, potatoes and French beans. I usually mix these together for my breakfast but I decided to serve this for dinner. 

You need:

leftover ham or bacon
French beans
potatoes or in this case, chips (wedge-cut fries)
oil
garlic
salt and pepper

Let's do this!

Saute the minced garlic in oil. Add the bacon or ham. Wait for the meat to cook or in the case of bacon, to crisp up. Chop them up into small pieces to cook faster. Add the potatoes. In my case, I used chips so I fried them first. Finally, add the French beans. Wait for everything to cook. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with some bread or rice. 

My husband absolutely loved this dish. It's funny because he doesn't like it when I serve it for breakfast. Go figure. 

For a heartier brekkie, add some whisked eggs and pop in the oven for a few minutes. 

Comments