Not Your Regular Pork and Beans


I bought two cans of Ayam Brand Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce when we were in Singapore, upon seeing my beautiful friend V add it to her afritada. I, personally, don't like canned pork and beans. I just don't like the sweet flavour and the texture. It's also bad for my knees. But, my husband loves them and he devours them whenever he sees them on a hotel breakfast buffet. So, I got two cans. They came in handy one day when the groceries were practically non-existent. I looked in the fridge and found some leftover ham and beans that were begging to be cooked. So, I got one can of beans and just put everything together and the result was this dish.

You need:

One can of baked beans in tomato sauce or pork and beans
some leftover ham
sliced green beans
a little bit of chopped garlic and onions
oil
salt and pepper

Let's do this! 

Saute the garlic and onions in a little oil. Add the green beans and saute for a minute or two. Add the ham and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the beans. Let the mixture simmer until the beans cook to your desired texture. Taste before seasoning with salt and pepper as some canned beans are already seasoned well. Serve with rice. 

I wasn't a huge fan of this but I ate it nevertheless. My husband seemed to love it though.  If you like pork and beans, you might want to give this dish a try. 

Comments