Spicy Mixed Vegetables


I found another use for the Chili Prawn Paste that I got in Singapore. If you wanna check out my other dish, click here.

This is spicy mixed vegetables with coconut milk. It's super easy to make and for us Filipinos, this is a great alternative to the usual pinakbet. 

You need:

bitter gourd
eggplants
snake beans
sambal belacan or bottled chili prawn paste
coconut milk
salt

Let's do this!

Heat some oil in a pan. Saute the sambal belacan/chili prawn until fragrant. Add the bitter gourd then the eggplants. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the snake beans. Cook for another minute and pour the coconut milk. Season with salt and let simmer until the veggies are cooked. 

I served this with some fried asuhos, cucumbers and watermelons to counteract the heat. This is one spicy dish but the Sambal Udang in my first post was even spicier. 






Comments