Calkag Rice with Aligue

Calkag are tiny dried shrimps. They are pretty much tasteless on their own so I decided to make calkag rice.




This is very simple. Just heat some butter and a little bit of oil in a pan. Add the calkag until they are cooked (which is fast) and add the rice. To make it more flavourful, I added some aligue or crab fat. I served it with some chicken adobo and salted egg salad.


Sorry if I've been in and out. A lot has been going on plus my son got sick over the weekend. We also had a lot of engagements to honor and so I couldn't find the time to blog. I've been missing it, really but time is a luxury nowadays. I'm also having a bit of trouble with our homeschool as my son's preferences have changed. He is getting older and his personality is starting to shine through and along that comes his likes and dislikes. When I find the balance, the rhythm that we need, I will go back to regular programming. In the mean time, feel free to browse the archives for more recipes and visit my other blogs. 


I served the leftover rice with some green mangoes, bagoong and calamares.


Comments