Saucy Chicken Ala King


This is something very easy to make if you are in a rush to prepare dinner. I made this using leftover ingredients in the fridge. My son and husband love to spoon sauces and soups over their rice that is why this version is swimming in sauce. 

You need:

butter, I used 1/4 of an Anchor bar
flour, about 2 tablespoons
salt and pepper
chicken cube
water
milk
chicken breast fillet (I used about 4 fillets), cooked and diced
red and green bell peppers
mushrooms


Let's do this!

Melt the butter and brown the flour to make a roux. Add salt and pepper. Work quickly as the flour may burn. Add the water and milk and chicken cube. Mix well. Let the chicken cube dissolve. Add the mushrooms, chicken and peppers. Place in an oven-proof dish and stick in the oven for 5 minutes. I'm sorry I can't give you the exact temperature as my oven is broken and I always use the lowest setting and just keep an eye on the food baking inside but I'd say around 150C is okay. Serve with rice. This was soooo good! Fast and delicious!



Comments