Twice Cooked Smashed Potatoes


I think the only good thing about being sick is that I can blog. Mom has been helping out a lot so I get to rest and do some writing. Hence, the sudden burst of posts in all my blogs. 

This is a very simple side dish to make that you can serve with chicken, especially fried chicken. 

You need:

baby potatoes
salt and pepper
olive oil
grated Parmesan
chopped parsley (I didn't have any when I made this but trust me, add some parsley)

Let's do this!

Boil the baby potatoes until cooked. Transfer to a baking dish and smash with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. I wanted to experiment so I fried them. The result was a crispy exterior and soft interior. My oven is out-of-whack and I was in a hurry to get dinner done that's why I fried them. Bake them for a healthier version. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley before serving. 

Comments