Chicken Bicol Express

It's a beautiful Monday morning! I got up early to get a head start on a few things and one of them is blogging. Today, I will be sharing with you a chicken dish. Too bad, I can't eat chicken yet as I'm still having a bout of urticaria. This recipe is not spicy (yes, I know it's supposed to be) so that my little boy can eat. Oh, and how he loved every single bite of it!



You need:

chopped garlic
chopped onion
ginger ( I slice them into big pieces so that we can easily spot them. Don't want to be biting into one)
bagoong, about 2-3 tablespoons
1/2 kilo chicken breast fillet, cut into bite pieces
1 tetra pack coconut milk (you can find this at Rustan's or Landmark supermarkets)
green or red chilies


Let's do this!

Wok on. Add some oil. When the oil is hot, saute the onions. When it gets translucent, add the garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant. 

Add the bagoong. Saute for a minute. Add chicken and fry until seared. 

Add the coconut milk and let everything simmer for 20 minutes on very low heat. Add the chilies at the last 5 minutes if you don't want it to be spicy. If you do like it hot, add the chilies the same time you add the bagoong. Be sure to check every now and then as the coconut milk might dry up. The result is soft chicken in a creamy, salty, umami sauce. Serve with lots of rice. 




Comments