One-Pan Chicken and Vegetables



My urticaria is still a little bit active. I am allergic to antihistamines so the only thing that's controlling it are steroids. I'm still getting depressed every now and then but I'm trying to not think about it. I've also been slowly re-introducing different kinds of food into my diet. You know, the high alert ones like chicken, seafood, etc. So, one day last week, I decided to make this one-pan chicken and vegetable dish. It's super easy. I get tired easily nowadays so I don't like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. On the other hand, I can't order takeaway as I'm afraid I'll get a reaction. My cooking is my only safe bet so I make use of my oven and multicooker a lot. This is a great dish for working moms and moms who are having a very hectic day. It's also great for bachelors as there is minimal prep and you can impress your girlfriend (or mom!) at the dinner table.

ALLERGY ALERT - CHICKEN

You need:


chicken breast fillet
fingerling potatoes
carrots
beans

salt and pepper
olive oil
dried oregano
apple cider vinegar


Let's do this!

Preheat oven to 190C.

In a roasting pan, place all your prepared and cut vegetables. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pop in the oven. Let this cook for about 10-15 minutes. 

In a bowl, whisk together some olive oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Dip each chicken fillet into the mixture and place on top of the vegetables. If there is still some olive oil-vinegar mixture, pour it over the chicken pieces. Put everything back into the oven and cook for about 30 minutes. Check on the potatoes from time to time. Mine were still raw when the chickens were already done. You can also boil the potatoes first to be sure that they cook right. I just didn't have the strength to do this. 

Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Of course, we ate this with rice. For the leftovers, I made some creamy pasta and topped it with the chicken pieces. The vegetables were served as a side dish. 

Comments