Cute Pancake Muffins



I have a niece who is 20 months old and sometimes I ask her mom to take her to our place so I can homeschool her with my boy. Of course, I had to make something special for breakfast and I baked these. These are super easy pancake muffins. Everyone loved it including my son and husband. I'm also happy because I can eat this without any fear of having an allergic reactions. It seems that when I cook/bake the food myself, I don't get any reactions. Probably because I know exactly what's in it.

Anyway, here's the recipe. You can make a whole bunch and freeze some for hectic mornings. This is great for a snack too. And how great is it that I also made these for breakfast today but with different toppings!

You need:

1 cup all purpose flour
3-4 tablespoons sugar (I use muscovado sugar) (Note: I use 3 tablespooons if my toppings are sweet i.e. chocolate but I put more sugar if my toppings are savory. It's up to you. If you are going to pour over some syrup then 2-3 tablespoons sugar would suffice)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 small eggs
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Let's do this!

Preheat the oven to 177C. 

In a bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 2 minutes.

In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 

Add the eggs to the milk mixture. Add the oil and vanilla extract. Whisk well. 

Slowly add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Whisk just until combined. You want a lumpy batter. 

Grease muffins pans and pour the batter, making sure to leave some space for them to rise. Top with anything - cheese, fruits, chocolate bites. For this batch I used grated cheddar, dried cranberries and chocolate bits. For today's batch, I used grated cheddar, maraschino cherries and tiny M&M baking bits. 

 I made about 12 muffins with this recipe but if you have smaller muffin tins, you can make more. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!

Comments