My Sweet Adventures

I miss eating desserts. I don't have a huge sweet tooth but it's nice to eat a good dessert from time to time. Here are some desserts that we like. 

This is Chocolate Walnut Fudge from Almon Marina. It is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I love this. It's very chocolatey and fudgey but everything is balanced by the walnuts. The ice cream doesn't hurt either. The only thing I don't like about this is the crust. It's too thick and just ruins everything so I just scoop out the fudge. 



This is another Almon Marina favorite - Pecan Pie. I think that's creme fraiche on top but I'm not entirely sure. This is also very good with a generous amount of pecans in each slice. 


Next up is Paper Moon. My son and I adore macarons so it's only natural that we try the ones from Paper Moon. His favorites are chocolate and pistachio. I just like the chocolate. 


This is the chocolate mille crepe. This is sooo good but I couldn't finish one small cake. It was too much for me. If you have a sweet tooth, you can probably finish this. The crepe layers are so thin and delicate. The chocolate is not too sweet, just right. They are perfect together


This is the strawberry shortcake that mom ordered. Can't comment on this as I'm staying away from berries at the moment but this is a crowd favorite. Mom said that she liked the checkered cake better. 


So that concludes my sweet adventures. I sure hope I can get out of this hypoallergenic diet soon and enjoy some Mille Crepe! What's your favorite dessert?

Comments