Super Late Post - Our Easter Spread and French Beans in Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipe

Back when we celebrated Easter, I was in charge of the food. I did most of the cooking. Here's our spread.


I cooked up a storm on that Resurrection Sunday. I'm going to break them down for you one by one starting with the French beans in creamy mushroom sauce.



You need

boiling water
2 tablespoons butter
diced small onion
button mushrooms
chopped garlic
all purpose cream
Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper 
chopped parsley
French beans or green beans

Let's do this!

Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions and saute until tender. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and let them caramelize and turn golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Add the cream and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and let the sauce thicken. 

Steam the beans in a separate pot. Transfer to a serving dish. Spread the sauce on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. 

Note: The sauce in the photo looks chunky because my cousin arrived at our house right after I was done cooking the sauce and I asked her to take the beans to our grandmother's house (where we celebrated). I put the sauce in a container and instructed her to remove the cover and transfer the sauce immediately. Well, she didn't so it remained inside the container for about an hour or two and the cream seized. Don't do the same thing. 

Comments