Beef Ribs Mechado



One of our friends in Toys R Us commented that she didn't like the mechado she ate for lunch. She said it wasn't delicious and so she was not satisfied. I had a tray of beef ribs in the freezer and so I decided to make some mechado. Please note though that my version does not have liver spread. I don't know if you can still call it mechado without that but what the heck. It was still delicious!

You need:

beef ribs
potatoes
carrots
frozen peas
red bell pepper
1 medium pack Del Monte tomato sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
salt and pepper
2 beef cubes
water
garlic
onions
dark soy sauce
bay leaf
water

Let's do this!

I used my multicooker for this dish but you can cook it on the stove top.

I first boiled the meat in some water, black peppercorns and bay leaf. I cooked the meat until tender, about 3-4 hours on 160C. Be sure to remove the scum.

I got the meat and drained the water as well as the peppercorns and bay leaf. I sauteed some garlic and onions. Then in went the meat to brown. I added the vegetables (carrots, potatoes, peas and red capsicum). I cooked those for 1 minute.

Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir. Add some water (1-2 cups) and 2 beef cubes. Stir to combine. Add a tablespoon of dark soy sauce and pepper. Let this mixture boil then lower heat to 140C and cook for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.

Be sure to check the liquid level every now and then as the mixture might dry up. Enjoy with freshly cooked rice!




Comments