Zubuchon



We went to Zubuchon for my son's birthday dinner. As you may know, Zubuchon is the restaurant of Marketman. I went with my family including my mom and sister. I didn't even know that there was already a Zubuchon in Makati. I only discovered it one night while I was browsing through the restaurants on Food Panda, looking for some takeaway food. 


The interiors are simple and elegant, very Marketman style. 




The restaurant is spacious and there is an outdoor space which I think can be used for events. 



Love the red plates. Complimentary peanuts were given while waiting for our meal. 



My sister ordered this Kalabasa or squash soup. I didn't like it. The texture and taste were just weird for me. Maybe I got used to pumpkin soup too much. My sister liked it though but then she had allergies after eating it. 



Of course, we ordered the famous lechon. However, being used to lechon sauce, we didn't like it. I think it's a Manileno thing. This particular batch didn't have too much flavor. I didn't like to eat it with vinegar because I get tummy aches when I eat food with vinegar at night. Also, I wanted to see if the lechon will stand up on its own. For me, it didn't. Sorry, Anthony. It's not for me. Maybe this was a fluke batch. We were not able to finish this order. I brought it home, put it in the freezer and after our vacation, added it to a vegetable dish. 

I also ordered ginataang langka or jackfruit which is my favorite. The flavor was good but I was disappointed with the presentation. The jackfruit were cut into huge chunks and was a bit hard to eat. I had to make sure that my chunk would not accidentally fly off to my mom's plate... or to the other table. It was good though. 



Next is this stuffed crab. I didn't eat a lot of it because I was scared of allergies but it was okay. My husband and sister enjoyed it. On the other hand, the pancit was spot on. For me, it was the star of the dinner. It was sumptuous. The texture was perfect. There was a good noodle to toppings ratio. I'm a noodle person so this was perfect for me. I'd be happy to order just this if we eat there again. 



For dessert, I think my sister ordered budbud kabog. I'm sorry, I wasn't able to taste this but she said it was good. She also ordered kamias shake which was demolished in no time. 


We ordered leche flan for dessert but was very disappointed. I like my leche flan smooth but also firm. This was just too mushy for us. We shared this order but still had a hard time finishing it. My son didn't like it also. 




See how mushy it is.


I paid over P1,600 for this meal. There were 4 adults and one 4-year old. We also had 3 PWD ID's so we were entitled to a discount. This amount was already the discounted amount. We brought home a lot of leftovers after this meal. 

They also offer a lot of to-go items from Cebu and I believe you can also order the lechon to-go or frozen. If you want delivery, they are on Food Panda. If Makati is too far for you, Zubuchon will also open in Megamall soon. 









Comments