Chicken and Chayote in Coconut Milk


Sorry about the photos. I have been taking them in a hurry for my other blog, The Perfect Health Project. If you haven't been, please take the time to visit it and help me in my journey to #PerfectHealth. 

This was a leftover meal but you know me, I hate wasting food so that's what we ate last night. It's very easy to make. I prepped the ingredients, started cooking them and left them to my husband to finish.

Chicken and Chayote in Coconut Milk


chicken breast fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tetra pack coconut milk
1 chayote, sliced into small pieces
chopped garlic
chopped onions
a slice of ginger (you can add more if you like the taste of ginger)
1 tablespoon fish sauce
black pepper
salt as needed
water

Let's do this! 

In a pan, heat some oil. Add the onions. When translucent, add the ginger and garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add the chayote. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour the coconut milk. Put the same amount of water in the tetra pack as the coconut milk. Swish it around to get all those milk stuck on the sides. Pour in the pan. Let it boil then lower heat to simmer. Season with fish sauce and black pepper. If it needs more seasoning, add some salt.

Comments