Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet Bento

I am not a purist when it comes to food or cooking. I'm also not a bento expert. If you've been regularly checking up on my posts you will know that I cook whatever I like, however I want it to be cooked. Having a full time office job gives me very little time to prepare our baon (or bentos) in the morning. I am trying to avoid using the microwave in the office except for reheating soups. My food ends up dry and tough when reheated in the microwave.

This bento uses all packed/frozen things. The fish I used was frozen cream dory fillet. I fried this in a little oil until brown. Those are frozen mixed veggies. The sweet and sour sauce is Del Monte's sweet and sour mix. The only fresh thing there is the onion. To cook, saute onions and mixed veggies in oil then pour prepared sauce. Let simmer. When the sauce is a bit thick, just add the fish fillets or you can pour the sauce on top of the fillets.

I wanted the rice to absorb the sauce that's why I didn't put any partition. Total prep and cooking time? Less than 10 minutes.

Comments