Marble Siopao?

bread talk marble sponge cake, 240baon

This is a new product that I found at Bread Talk. I’m not sure what it is but it looks like a marble sponge cake.


bread talk marble sponge cake2, 240baon

Upon closer inspection, it really resembled a sponge cake but I was wondering why it had a cupcake cup on its bottom. When I bit into it, it reminded me of siopao. Yes, siopao! It also did not bounce back up so it really looked like siopao/mantao to me. It tasted a bit like that too and had the same texture. I bought two of these and I’m still not sure if I like it or not. It’s not too sweet so points for that. I’m also not sure if this was the culprit to a bad tummy ache I got that day.

This comes in a pink and green variant too which I’m assuming are strawberry and green tea flavors.

Comments