Spicy Morning Snack

I eat very little during breakfast. I seldom eat rice or a full meal because my tummy is just not prepared for it. We had Original Glazed the other day. We ate very early in the morning so it was only natural for me to get hungry by around 10 am. I decided that I wanted something a bit filling so that I can work (or take a nap). Who wants to sleep with a growling stomach, anyway? (I take regular naps all throughout the day. My body is that weak from polymyositis.)

So here’s what I ate:

rice topped with tao kei noi, 240baon

This is about a fourth of a cup of rice topped with Tao Kei Noi nori. I love nori and I can eat it as a snack or as a rice topping. I was missing the salty sour taste of the rice and so I added a few drops of Maggi Savor Calamansi.

spicy big sheet tao kei noi, 240baon

My favorite seaweed snack is Tao Kei Noi. It’s a product of Thailand. I blogged about this in the past. This is something new that I found at Landmark when we went grocery shopping. It’s just one big sheet, perfect for a small, quick snack. The thing about nori is once you open the bag, you have to finish it immediately as it won’t be as crunchy anymore if left out in the air for too long. I avoided buying the regular variant of Tao Kei Noi because I couldn’t finish it in one sitting. This one is just perfect for me. It costs Php12.75 whereas the other one costs around Php35, I think.

That’s everything on the rice. It’s just perfect for one serving. I bought 2 packs, one original and one spicy. This really isn’t spicy. It just made my mouth a bit hot. It just has an extra ooomph. I think kids will be able to tolerate it. I loved this simple, healthy morning snack. Now to get some zzz’s…

Comments