KFC Affordable Meals

Since I cannot cook, we have been relying a lot on deliveries. But don’t get me wrong. I don’t eat fast food every single day, only on days when my husband can’t cook. I’m so happy that KFC upgraded their delivery system. To say that it’s awesome is an understatement. They promise to deliver your food in 30 minutes. Mine always arrives in 15-20 minutes. How great is that? A total opposite from Chowking.

There's a Chowking branch just 10 minutes away from our house but every single time I order, the food is more than an hour late. When I follow up with their call center, the agent just says that she will call the branch and ask the super or the manager to call me up. I rarely get a call from them. In the 8 months (yes, I’ve been keeping track) that I’ve been having food delivered, I only received 2 calls. The last one was just last week and I don’t even know if that was the supervisor on the line. I was furious because it was over an hour and the food was nowhere in sight. They said that the rider was just about to leave the store. What the???? So yeah, I got pissed. On top of that, the supervisor hung up on me while I was talking and never called back. I will never order delivery from them again until they improve their services. I posted this incident on their FB page and it’s only today that I got a reply and it simply said that they will look into the matter.

Moving on, aside from their delivery system, KFC has been doing a lot of things with their menu. One night I ordered this chicken chop:

kfc chicken chop, 240baon 

It was okay, nothing spectacular. It has a bit of a bitter after taste. I don’t know where that’s coming from. Nevertheless, I finished this meal but I won’t order it again.

kfc chicken burger steak, 240baon

Next is this chicken burger steak. I was looking for the mushrooms in the gravy but they were non-existent, same with the veggies with the chicken chop. This tastes better than the chicken chop in my opinion. For 39 pesos, this is so sulit. I would order this again although I hope to see the mushrooms by that time. Oh, and this patty is a bit tough. I don’t know if it’s because I ordered at night and this may not be a popular item on the menu. But it’s okay especially for students who are on a budget.

I just had a hearty breakfast from KFC and I will blog about that tomorrow.

Comments