Filipino-Style Chicken Curry

I like curry but I don’t always cook it as I might get bored with it. I also find it challenging to cook because of the many steps it involves. Last night, I had the time to cook it so we had it for dinner. This is a simple recipe that even beginners can cook.


IMG_2353

Ingredients

chicken cut into small pieces ( I used adobo cut)
potatoes
red bell peppers
gata (coconut milk)
garlic
onions
ginger
water
celery
salt
curry powder

Let’s Cook!

1. I first fried the potatoes then set them aside. In the same pan, I fried the chicken.

2. When the chicken was white on both sides, I sprinkled some curry powder on them. I kept flipping the chicken every now and then to avoid burning the curry powder. I then set them aside when they were almost done.

3. In the same pan, I put some more oil and sauteed the garlic, onions, celery, ginger and red peppers.

4. When the veggies were cooked, I added the potatoes and the chicken. I seasoned the mixture with salt and added about a cup of water.

5. I let this boil then simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes and chicken were cooked.

6. I added the coconut milk and simmered for another 5 minutes.

Notes: I always put carrots in my curry but I was worried last night as I only had half a can of coconut milk left so there were no carrots here. If you do have more coconut milk, add some carrots as their sweetness makes a wonderful addition to the dish.


I used 4 pieces of chicken for this dish.

Comments