Quick Pita Pockets–2 Ways

quick pita pockets 2 ways


My son and I love pita pockets. I like serving it for snacks and dinners on hot summer nights. Now that the days are scorching hot, I told my husband that I would only prepare/cook light meals. I don’t want to get stuck in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes. So, the keyword here is prep. You need to prep your ingredients little by little so that you won’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

Beef Pita Pockets

IMG_0840


This first one is very simple to make. Actually, they both are. I just cooked some ground beef in oil and seasoned it with salt, pepper and Spanish paprika. I put some of my homemade salsa, the beef mixture and some cheese in half a pocket and toasted them in the oven. Actually, you can also toast them on a hot non-stick pan. Just cover and heat on the lowest setting until the cheese melts.

Ham Pita Pockets

IMG_0900


These are breakfast pockets. Just put cooked ham and quick melt cheese, toast until melted and breakfast is served!

Comments