Purefoods Chicken Nuggets and a Superb Pasta Recipe



I'm not a huge fan of frozen chicken nuggets even when I was a kid. You just don't know what's in them. When Purefoods released their chicken breast nuggets a while back, I was curious but didn't take the plunge. There was a free tasting at the supermarket and my husband tasted some. He said that they tasted like real chicken and not like the other frozen nuggets in the market. I still didn't get any.

A few days after, I saw a pack in the freezer. Mom bought a bag. She said that they tasted alright. So, I asked for a few pieces. Wow, I was impressed! They are really made from chicken breast meat. A pack comes with 9 pieces and a packet of BBQ sauce which was delicious. My son loves this sauce. My son also likes the nuggets. He can eat 4 pieces in one sitting. So, one pack is just enough for the two of us for lunch. It is now a staple in my freezer for lazy weekday lunches.

Now, let's get on with that superb pasta recipe shall we?

This is a shrimp and salmon pasta. You can use penne or in my case, curls, just because my son found them cute.

You need:

cooked pasta of your choice (use short pasta for this dish)
onion
EVOO
butter
shelled shrimp
one can of pink salmon
cream
tomato sauce
salt and pepper
fresh parsley
mozzarella or melting cheese for a more economical version

Let's do this!

Saute the chopped onions in EVOO and butter. Add the salmon. Break it up into smaller pieces. Add the shrimps. Pour the cream and add about 1/4c tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to simmer for two minutes. 

Transfer the cooked pasta into a baking dish. Pour the sauce. Top with cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Pop in the oven (200C/400F) for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with your favorite cold drink and enjoy!

My whole family loves this dish. They can finish one pack of San Remo pasta in one sitting. That's how good it is. 

Comments