Chicken Tomato Stars Soup


Remember this dish? I had a few leftover ingredients and I was dying to try the 'invisible' stars. One afternoon, I was trying to figure out what to serve for lunch and thought this was the perfect time to try. If it's just my son and I, we usually opt for light dishes. This fits the bill perfectly. 

You need:

pasta cooked according to package directions

cooked shredded chicken

half a can of crushed tomatoes
garlic
onions
olive oil
half a bag of frozen corn and carrots
some chopped celery
water or broth
tomato sauce
salt and pepper
Italian seasoning

Let's do this!

Heat some olive oil. Saute the garlic and onions. Add the celery. Let the veggies cook. Add the corn and carrots and let this cook for 2 minutes. Add the shredded chicken.  Add the crushed tomatoes. Let this simmer for 5 minutes.  

Add some water or broth and about half a cup to a cup of tomato sauce depending on how much pasta you are cooking. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings before serving. I served this with some leftover bread sticks. 

Comments