Barbecued Short Ribs



One of the reasons I love shopping at Rustan's supermarket is their regular deals on meats. They usually have a buy 1 kilo, get 500g free promo on different kinds and cuts of meat. These short ribs were one of them. I used to shop with a list on hand but now I find it much better (and more relaxing) to just buy whatever is on special and whatever is in season (or whatever I fancy at the moment). When I saw these ribs, I knew they were going into my multicooker. If you are a busy mom, invest in a multicooker. You won't regret it. 

You need:

1/2 kilo short ribs
bottled barbecue sauce
sugar (I used muscovado)
salt and pepper
garlic powder
Spanish paprika
half a can of Coke

Let's do this!

Combine 1/4c barbecue sauce, sugar, garlic powder, Spanish paprika, Coke in a bowl. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Add to the sauce. Mix well, making sure that all ribs are coated. Leave some marinade for basting. 

Place in a multicooker on 140C and cook for 4 hours. Make sure that they don't dry up. Add more water or soda if they get dry.

When the ribs are done, take them out of the multicooker and place on sheet pans lined with foil. Brush the remaining marinade on top and pop in a preheated oven (180C) for 5 minutes or until you get some good caramelization. 

I served this with some adobong kangkong with ground beef. I added the ground beef so that we can eat the kangkong with just rice for the next day's lunch. 






Comments