Cheese Loaf



I started making my own breakfast loaves and pastries when my urticaria was active. I needed to be sure of what I was eating. This was one of my baking experiments. It turned out alright.  I overcooked this though so be sure to keep an eye on your cheese loaf when you bake it. I think I'll bake this again in the future so that it can be perfect. 

You need:

1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
optional mozzarella

Let's do this!

Grease your loaf pan and preheat oven to 200C.

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and half of the cheddar cheese. Set aside.

Combine egg, milk and oil. Whisk. 

Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the wet mixture in. Combine until just until well blended. It's okay if it's lumpy. Pour into the pan. Top with cheddar cheese and if using, slices of mozzarella. 

Pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Check on the 15-minute mark and then again at the 20-minute mark to be sure. 



Comments