Easy Breakfast Mini Baguette

Did you know that Rustan's Supermarket regularly has breads on BOGO? They usually have their mini baguettes on buy one get one and they only cost Php40, if I'm not mistaken. If you are a mom on a super tight budget (like moi), these are great to stock up on. Just put them in the fridge or freeze them and you can have breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack in a flash. Here's one easy recipe that I'd like to share with you.



I cooked this when my urticaria was not active that is why there is an abundance of bacon on the baguette. Today, I won't be able to eat this anymore unless I eliminate the bacon.

You need:


mini baguettes, halved lengthwise
mozzarella
bacon or ham (cooked)
spring onions or parsley
optional eggs

Let's do this!

Take out some of the bread in the middle of the baguette using a spoon, just enough to make a well for your ingredients. If you are using eggs, beat them in a bowl and pour some into the well. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper.  If not, just fill with ham or bacon. 

Lay the mozzarella over to cover the mixture and then add more toppings. Pop in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 180C. Breakfast to go!

Comments