Easy Chocolate Bread Pudding



One day, I found a ton of leftover bread in the fridge. We refrigerate our breads to make them last longer, by the way. You can also freeze them. I decided to make some bread pudding with all the leftover Batard bread. I'm not a pudding fan but this was good and I ended up eating it for breakfast or snack for the rest of the week. My son liked it too.

You need:

leftover bread, cut into cubes or in my case, roughly cut
2T sugar
1 cup cream
3 eggs
1T vanilla extract
1 1/2 c milk
1/4 c sugar
chocolate chips
grated chocolate (optional)

Let's do this!

Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a pan by greasing it or spraying with non-stick spray. 

In a bowl, mix the sugar, cream, eggs, vanilla, milk, sugar and chocolate chips together. Add the bread and mix well. Transfer to prepared pan. Top with grated chocolate or more chocolate chips. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. I served it warm but we also liked it cold. 

Comments