Easy Grilled Chicken


I prepared this dish for my SIL when I was in Singapore. My SIL and son liked it so much so I decided to cook it again here. This is so simple and versatile.

You need:

chicken breast fillets, sliced into smaller piece
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper 
1/2 cup soy sauce
grated ginger or ginger powder
1 tablespoon sugar
half a can of Coke or Sprite (optional)

Let's do this!

In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, soda (if using), ginger and sugar. Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper. Marinate the chicken for 6-8 hours or overnight. You can grill them or cook in a pan. When I was in Singapore, I used Happy Call. Back here, I just used a regular pan with a little bit of oil. 

This is the chicken I used for the white pizza in a past post. Sometimes I serve this with fried rice. If I serve this with plain rice, I usually add a vegetable dish. I also slice them up and top them on my salad for lunch. 

Comments