Pork and String Beans Ginataan (Allergy-Friendly)



This dish is usually cooked with squash but I opted out because I was worried that I might get a reaction to it. So, this is just pork and string beans. My ginataan dishes are still a work in progress. It's also a hit and miss but this one was pretty spot one. I also omitted the bagoong or shrimp paste but if you're not allergic, by all means, add it! It will add a depth of flavour to the dish.

You need:

1/4 kilo pork, menudo cut (I used this kind of pork so that they will cook faster and won't be tough)
beef cube
1 cup water
1.5 cups coconut milk
small bundle of string beans, cut into 1" pieces
minced garlic
chopped onions
salt and pepper
optional bagoong

Let's do this!

In a pot, heat the oil. Saute the onions and garlic. Add the pork. Cook until brown. Pour the water and add the beef cube. Boil. Add the coconut milk and stir. Let the mixture boil then lower the heat and cover the pot. Let the pork cook until tender. Add the bagoong if using. Add the string beans and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Taste before seasoning.

Comments