Super Fast, Super Easy Noodles



Lunch is super simple for me and my son. We usually just reheat leftovers. If my husband packs all leftovers for his office lunch, that's the time when I need to cook. But, I still make sure that what I cook is super fast, super simple. Like this dish. It is a Korean inspired noodle dish.

You need:

vermicelli noodles, cooked according to package directions
1/4 kilo ground beef
salt and pepper
soy sauce
mirin
sugar
sesame seeds
sesame oil
onions
spring onions
sliced cucumbers

Let's do this!

In a pan, add some sesame oil. When it's hot, add the chopped onions. Wait till translucent then add the ground beef. Brown the beef. In a bowl, mix together about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of mirin (you can also use honey) and a teaspoon of sugar. Add this mixture to the beef. 
Season with salt and pepper. Cook for two minutes. Top with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.

To assemble, place some cooked noodles in a bowl. Top with beef mixture and add some sliced cucumbers. 

Comments