Allergy-Friendly Breakfast Sausages

Hi, everyone! We were away on vacation that's why there was a lack of posts but now I'm back and for the first day of the week, I'm starting with breakfast.

My son and I love McDonald's breakfast sausages but they aren't exactly good for the health..nor for people with allergies. So, I had to make some "safe sausages" so I don't end up drooling staring at my son while he eats.





Check out the ingredients list first before attempting to make these as there might be an ingredient that you are allergic to.


 You need:

1/2 kilo minced pork
2 teaspoons brown or Muscovado sugar
salt and pepper
chili flakes or Spanish paprika for a spicy kick (optional; I react to both so I don't add them.)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
onion powder
garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

Let's do this!

In a bowl, combine the meat and the spices together until well-blended. For the onion and garlic powder, it's up to you how much you like. I like it garlicky so I put about 2 quick shakes of garlic powder and the same amount of onion powder. I use my hands to be sure that everything is blended together. Let the mixture rest overnight in the fridge so that the flavors will develop.

Form into patties and fry until golden brown. You can also freeze the patties. Place a patty between two pieces of non-stick or parchment paper then stack them up. Place in a zip lock bag or in a freezer safe container. 

Sometimes I serve this with garlic rice and eggs, sometimes with pancakes made from scratch. This would also be great with some English muffins and eggs a la Sausage McMuffin.








Comments