Easy Breakfast Popsicles


There are days when I feel like eating a huge breakfast, Bicol style. My family in Bicol loves to present elaborate spreads during breakfast. It's like a breakfast buffet. Whenever I feel inspired and motivated, I take a cue from my many wonderful breakfasts there. 

On other days, I just want to have something that I can eat while I'm on the go and by on the go meaning doing chores and a bunch of other stuff. Sometimes I just want to have something that's quick to eat. My answer - breakfast popsicles. 

These are very easy to make and very healthy too. My son and I love eating these for breakfast. Of course, we would be hungry before lunch time so I keep some snacks ready. Also, it would be easier for me to prepare lunch as I've already finished what needs to be done because I saved time on preparing breakfast. 

You need:

Popsicle mold (I got mine from Daiso)
your choice of yogurt
fruits
additional toppings

Let's do this!

Dump your yogurt in a bowl. If you are using the Nestle Fruit Yogurt (that's what I use), you will need about 1 1/2 tubs for one popsicle (if using the Daiso mold). We like using the mango, buco, strawberry and melon flavors. Add some more fruits, fresh or dried, if you want. I use whatever is available. I also add some pistachios and almonds for texture and crunch. My son loves nuts. Thank God we are not allergic to them! Transfer the mixture to the mold. 

Sometimes, I sprinkle some nuts and mini M&M's directly into the mold so that my son will be able to see them right away. Sometimes I also put some gummy candy into the mixture. My son loves finding these surprises. Next time I'll try adding some cereal clusters into my yogurt. I'll let you know how that turns out soon. 

Pop in the freezer and let the popsicles stay overnight and in the morning, instant breakfast! This is also a great way to give picky eaters some fruits. My son has sensory issues. He likes to eat frozen fruit. He rarely eats fresh ones depending on their texture. These popsicles assure me that he is eating his fruits. 



Comments