Mixed Vegetables with Two Kinds of Eggs


Now why would I put two kinds of eggs in a dish? One, I wanted to use the leftover quail eggs and two, why not? It adds a different texture to this dish. 

This is a simple mixed vegetable dish that I prepared to use up the remaining ingredients in the fridge. I am getting very creative with leftover ingredients, don't you think? If it's your first time in my blog, just look around in the archives if you want more affordable meals. 


You need:

garlic
onions
half a pack of frozen mixed vegetables
cauliflower, clean and chop up into smaller florets
boiled quail eggs, peeled
chicken egg
water
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in water
chicken cube or chicken broth
salt and pepper
oil

Let's do this!

In a pan, heat some oil. Add the onions. When translucent, add the garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, add the frozen mixed vegetables and cook. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 1 minute. Add the water and chicken cube or broth. Let this boil and then lower heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Beat the chicken egg in a bowl. Slowly pour this into the pan, mixing with a fork as you go. When the eggs are cooked,  add the cornstarch slurry and mix to thicken the sauce. Add the quail eggs. 

I served this with rice and some fried marinated baby bangus (milkfish). I got these from the supermarket but they tend to be too sour for me so I marinated them again in a little soy sauce and sugar for an hour. I left some to marinate overnight and they turned out great too. 






Comments