Homemade Fudgesicles


I love making food at home. I try hard not to buy ready-made snacks and meals to save money and to eat healthier. We normally buy ice cream but ice cream is expensive and I'm trying to cut down our grocery bills. The problem is we are all big on ice cream so I made these fudgesicles to satisfy our craving. This is a test version. I'm going to try another version soon so stay tuned for that.

This has a few flaws but it was okay for my first try. The boys liked it.

You need:

1/3 cup baking cocoa powder (I used the unsweetened version because that's what I had. Next time I will use the sweetened version)
a lot of honey 
2 small tetra bricks of coconut milk
some crushed chocolate

a blender

Let's do this!

In your blender, pour the coconut milk. Add the cocoa powder. Pour about 1/4 cup of honey. Blend. Taste. If you are using the sweet version, you might want to skip the honey. My mixture was bitter so I added more honey. I also ended up adding some crushed leftover Zaini (surprise eggs) chocolate to make the mixture sweeter. Blend until fully incorporated and pour into popsicle molds. Put in the freezer and freeze overnight. 

Note: 
If you don't like the taste of coconut, skip this recipe as it has a strong coconutty taste. My husband said to use regular milk next time. He likes coconut milk but he found this a bit weird but still, he ate a lot of it. 

Comments