Cabbage and Meat Fried Rice



I have been in a cooking funk lately that's why the blog has been quiet. I have a lot of backlog posts but I just don't have the energy to write posts and publish them. We have been very busy with homeschool, school activities, dealing with sickness and helping out my mom with her bazaar. Today is a quiet day and so I decided to write some posts.

You know me, I hate wasting food that is why I recycle ingredients and dishes as much as I can. I think this was a sweet beef dish that I chopped up and turned into fried rice. The ingredients are simple and the method,even simpler.

You need:

leftover meat dish, chop up the meat into small pieces
cabbage, sliced
chopped garlic
seasoning of your choice or you can use the sauce from the meat dish which was what I used here
oil
cold rice
pepper

Let's do this!

Heat some oil in a wok. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the meat and heat through. Add the cabbage slices and cook for a minute. Add the rice and break up the clumps. I break up the clumps using my hands before I pour them into the wok. Mix. Add the sauce from the meat dish and mix well, coating each grain of rice. Taste. Adjust seasoning if required. Season with pepper. 

That's it! You have a complete dish in under 10 minutes!

Comments