Ginisang Sayote, Repolyo at Tuna (Sauteed Chayote, Cabbage and Tuna)- SOY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE



I've been spending a big chunk of my day studying and learning more about health, the mind and body and how my family and I can achieve perfect health. We are eating much, much healthier now than a few months ago. You may know that I suddenly developed a soy allergy so our house is soy-free. My son has also developed several allergies (well, actually, both him and I) so I've been very careful with our meals. We mostly eat at home and we only have a few restaurants that we go to every now and then.

This is a mostly allergy-friendly dish with the exception of the fish sauce. You can just use salt but I insist that you use a good broth as that will give this dish the depth in flavor that it needs. This dish is cheap and fast and can feed a lot of hungry mouths. These were all leftover ingredients in our fridge that I put together in one meal. I had one organic chayote, half a small organic cabbage and one tuna steak.

As usual, I don't put the amounts of each ingredient because for me, cooking is not an exact science. Cook according to your taste and needs.

Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that prevents and fights cancer. Garlic, tomatoes and onions are also great cancer fighters.

You need:


Chayote
Cabbage
Tuna steak (you can use canned tuna)
homemade chicken bone broth
fish sauce
salt and pepper
garlic
tomato
onions

Let's do this!

1. In a pan, add some coconut oil. Cook the tuna. Make sure you season both sides with salt and pepper. When it has cooked, chop it up into chunks. I just used my wooden spoon to do this in the pan. 

2. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until wilted. Then add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the chopped garlic.

3. Add the chopped chayote and mix well. Add the broth. I used about 2-3 cups as my husband loves his soup. Also, this is a healing soup for leaky gut so my son and I need this. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper. 

4. Let it boil then lower heat to a simmer. When the chayote is almost done, add the sliced cabbage and let it cook. Serve with rice. We eat a combination of black and brown rice. 



Comments