More Provenciano

Provenciano is one of our favorite restaurants and I was surprised not to find anything in my blog about it! Let me share with you one of our lunches there. 



Mom always orders their okoy which also happens to be a best seller! It's so light, thin and crispy. It's so good! If you are a family dining at Provenciano, better order two!


My son always orders puto bumbong whenever it's available. I ate one, he ate three. I like Via Mare's version better, though. 


The fried catfish is my favorite (and also one of the very few safe dishes for me). Catfish is one of my grandfather's favorite fishes and I order this fish whenever it's available because it reminds me of him. We were pretty close and I learned a lot from him. He served as my father as my biological father left us when I was 5 years old. 


Mom regularly orders the Tagalog pinakbet. It's oily but that's how most Filipino dishes are. I just feasted mostly on the ampalaya (bitter gourd). 

The last time we ate there, the rice was too mushy. This time, it was perfect. 

I love this place because the staff are very accommodating. The head chef is also very nice and accommodating. I just text him that we're coming and he instructs the kitchen about our food restrictions. I can truly say that I can eat here with peace of mind. The ambiance is wonderful! You should see for yourself! 

Provenciano is always packed so if you're planning to eat there, better go early or get a reservation. 

Comments