Chicken Tomato Rice

I don't like wasting food. So I make sure that everything in my ref or pantry gets cooked/used before they spoil. As the week is almost up, so are my supplies. Last night I only found 1 piece of tomato, 2 pieces of chicken breast fillet and a handful of beans and carrots in my ref. And oh, some dying stalks of parsley. I still had one more "baon day" to go and so I experimented with the ingredients. I don't like eating the usual stuff for baon such as tocino, longganisa, hotdog, (all of which I don't eat except for chicken tocino which I have learned to make recently), etc. I try to put a little creativity, imagination and of course health points to our packed lunches.

Here's Chicken Tomato Rice inspired by Almon Marina's rice pilaff. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes in achuete oil. The reddish oil gives the rice a nice color. You can't see it in the picture because of bad lighting. Cut up the chicken breast fillet into bite size portions, season with salt and pepper then throw in the pan. = ) Add the rice and mix, mix, mix. We didn't have cold rice so I settled with the day old rice - rice that has been cooked in the morning then made into this in the evening. I seasoned the rice with more pepper and some maggi savor. Lastly, I took out all the dead parsley and chopped up the nice ones and sprinkled them on the rice. The rice turned out a nice yellow shade.

I'll show you what I did to the veggies next.

Comments