Asian Style Grilled Tanigue

 

I think the fish would be more flavorful if you allow this to sit in the marinade overnight. I did it for 10 minutes. For the marinade, you will need:
  • 4T soy sauce
  • 4T oyster sauce
  • 1T fish sauce
  • 2T brown sugar
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 1T calamansi or lemon juice ( I used about 2T)
  • 1/2t chili 
Mix all the ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the fish and let sit for 10 minutes while you heat up the grill. In my case, the stove with an P88 grill on top. Brush the grill with some oil. Grill the fish, turning as needed to allow even cooking and brushing with the sauce to avoid drying up. Sprinkle with spring onions.

So how did it do? I'd give this a 2.5 out of 5 stars. Don't get me wrong. It was delicious. But again, maybe allowing it to marinate overnight might do the trick. Or maybe I'm just not really fond of grilled fish. I also served this with


and...


and you know what that means. It's time for Japanese inspired dishes again!

Comments