Trying Hard Nasi Goreng



You can Google the original recipe of Nasi Goreng. This however is my trying hard version.

Saute some garlic and onions in a little oil. In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, golchujang and bagoong. I used the same amount of oyster sauce and soy sauce. Lesser golchujang and more bagoong. Mix well then add to pan. Add shrimps. When the shrimps are half cooked, add some cold mashed rice. Mix until everything is well coated. Serve with some calamansi.

The verdict: MB loved it plain. I loved it with a little squeeze of calamansi. This rice is hot, hot, hot! I told MB that I would lessen the golchujang next time. He said no. He likes spicy food. I will also add some shredded chicken next time and perhaps serve this with steamed shrimps? This will also make a great bento.

Comments